- A Unique “Integration” Strategy for the Rational Design of Optically Tunable Near-Infrared Fluorophores. Accounts of Chemical Research. 2017, 50, 1410 -1422.
- FRET-based Small-molecule Fluorescent Probes: Rational Design and Bioimaging Applications. Accounts of Chemical Research. 2013, 46, 1462-1473.
- Fluorescent chemosensors manipulated by dual/triple interplaying sensing mechanisms. Chemical Society Reviews. 2016, 45, 6449 – 6461.
- Development of fluorescent probes based on protection-deprotection of the key functional groups for biological imaging. Chemical Society Reviews. 2015, 44, 5003- 5015.
- Far-red to Near Infrared Analyte-responsive Fluorescent Probes Based on Organic Fluorophore Platforms for Fluorescence Imaging. Chemical Society Reviews. 2013, 42, 622-661.
- Simultaneous Near-Infrared and Two-photon in vivo Imaging of H2O2 Using a Ratiometric Fluorescent Probe Based on the Unique Oxidative Rearrangement of Oxonium. Advanced Materials. 2016, 28, 8755-8759.
- Single fluorescent probe responds to H2O2, NO, and H2O2/NO with three different sets of fluorescence signals. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2012, 134, 1305 -1315.
- A Unique Class of Near-infrared Functional Fluorescent Dyes with Carboxylic-Acid-Modulated Fluorescence ON/OFF Switching: Rational Design, Synthesis, Optical Properties, Theoretical Calculations, and Applications for Fluorescence Imaging in Living Animals. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2012, 134, 1200 - 1211.
- A Unique Approach to Development of Near-infrared Fluorescent Sensors for in Vivo Imaging. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 2012, 134, 13510−13523.
- Rational design of a robust ﬂuorescent probe for detecting endogenous carbon monoxide in living zebrafish embryos and mice. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2017, DOI:10.1002/anie.201707518.
- Development of a Two-photon Fluorescent Probe for Imaging of Endogenous Formaldehyde in Living Tissues. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2016, 55, 3356-3359.
- A Unique Family of GFP-chromophore Rigid Analogues with Tunable Two-photon Action Cross-sections for Biological Imaging. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2013, 52, 10018 -10022.
- Lighting up Carbon Monoxide: Fluorescent Probes for Monitoring Carbon Monoxide in Living Cells. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2013, 52, 1628 - 1630.
- Through-Bond Energy Transfer Cassettes with Minimal Spectral Overlap between the Donor Emission and Acceptor Absorption: Coumarin-rhodamine Dyads with Large pseudo-Stokes Shifts and Emission Shifts. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. 2010, 49, 375 -379.
- Development of a unique class of spiro-type two-photon functional fluorescent dyes and their applications for sensing and bioimaging. Advanced Functional Materials. 2016, 26, 8128-8136.
- A Fluorescent Cobalt Probe with a Large Ratiometric Fluorescence Response via Modulation of Energy Acceptor Molar Absorptivity on Metal Ion Binding. Advanced Functional Materials. 2008, 18, 2366-2372.
- A multi-signal fluorescent probe for simultaneously distinguishing and sequentially sensing cysteine/homocysteine, glutathione, and hydrogen sulfide in living cells. Chemical Science, 2017, 8, 6257- 6265.
- Single near-infrared fluorescent probe with high and low sensitivity sites for sensing different concentration ranges of biological thiols with distinct modes of fluorescence signals. Chemical Science, 2016, 7, 1896 - 1903.
- A Simple and Effective “Capping” Approach to Readily Tune the Fluorescence of Near-infrared Cyanines. Chemical Science, 2015, 6, 4530-4536.
- A Unique Carbazole-Coumarin Fused Two-Photon Platform: Development of a Robust Two-Photon Fluorescent Probe for Imaging Carbon Monoxide in Living Tissues. Chemical Science, 2014, 5, 3439-3448.